Effective 6/19/2020, the following services are now being made available for "in person" contact at the Sheriff's Office:

  • All civil processes, except evictions and real property levies.
  • Report requests for the public are available via phone or at the records counter.
  • All CCW- initials requests, renewals and modifications will be online through Permitium, available on the Sheriff's Webpage.
    • CCW applicants will be contacted to schedule "in person" appointments.
    • Renewals/modifications will be processed and contacted with a time to pick up CCW.
  • Vehicle release requests will be handled at the records counter, as needed.
  • Registrants- these will be handled by "walk in" or by phone interview.
  • Live scan services are available to the public by appointment only. Services will be scheduled in one hour time slots to allow for proper cleaning procedures. Appointments to the general public are available on Tuesdays from 8-11AM and on Thursdays 1-4PM
  • In Person visiting is suspended once again at the Sutter County Jail in compliance with recommendations from the Board of State and Community Corrections. The public will be updated of additional changes as information becomes available.

Frequently Asked Questions

Q. What is your phone number?
A: Our main business phone number is (530) 822-7307. Visit our Phone Directory page for further contact information. You can also use our contact form to send us an email.

Q. Where do I find information about inmates such as posting bail and visiting hours?
A: Inmate information can be found in the Inmate Custody Services section of our website. Also, the Inmate FAQ page provides answers to some common questions with respect to inmates.

Q. As a victim of a crime is there a way to be notified of inmate status and release?
A: Yes, through the VINE system you can be notified of any change in status of an inmate. Visit the V.I.N.E. Services page of our website.

Q. I have some information about a crime that I'd like to report, but can I do so anonymously?
A: Yes, you can leave a crime tip anonymously using our crime tip form. Visit the Leave a Crime Tip page of our website.

Q. How do I apply for a CCW permit?
A: Visit the Concealed Weapon Permit page for details about applying for this permit.

Q. How can I volunteer?
A: There are many opportunities at the Sheriff's Office for those who would like to volunteer. Please visit the Volunteer Opportunities page for more information.

Q. Does the Sheriff's Office have a Ride-Along program?
A: Yes, we have a program that allows citizens to ride along with a deputy while on duty. For more information, visit the Ride-Along page on our website.

Q. Where can I find information about Live Scan fingerprinting?
A: Go to the Live Scan section of the Records Unit page of our website.

Q. How do I go about having a court order or levy served?
A: If you have a subpoena, summons, levy or other court order needing to be processed, the Civil Unit can assist you in having it served. Visit the Civil Unit page of our website for further information and to view the current fees charged for services.