Effective 6/19/2020, the following services are now being made available for "in person" contact at the Sheriff's Office:

  • All civil processes, except evictions and real property levies.
  • Report requests for the public are available via phone or at the records counter.
  • All CCW- initials requests, renewals and modifications will be online through Permitium, available on the Sheriff's Webpage.
    • CCW applicants will be contacted to schedule "in person" appointments.
    • Renewals/modifications will be processed and contacted with a time to pick up CCW.
  • Vehicle release requests will be handled at the records counter, as needed.
  • Registrants- these will be handled by "walk in" or by phone interview.
  • Live scan services are available to the public by appointment only. Services will be scheduled in one hour time slots to allow for proper cleaning procedures. Appointments to the general public are available on Tuesdays from 8-11AM and on Thursdays 1-4PM
  • In Person visiting is suspended once again at the Sutter County Jail in compliance with recommendations from the Board of State and Community Corrections. The public will be updated of additional changes as information becomes available.

Inmate FAQ

Q. How do I post bail for an inmate?
A: Please see the Posting Bail section on the Inmate Release Proceduress page.

Q. How do I mail a letter?
A: Via U.S. Postal service with Inmate's First Name and Last Name, SC# and our address: Sutter County Jail, 1077 Civic Center Blvd, Yuba City, Ca 95993

Q. When can the public place money on an inmate’s account?
A. We prefer that money being placed on an inmate’s account be conducted during visiting hours. However, we are open 24 hours per day and will accept money for an inmate account at anytime.

Q. How much money can I put on an inmates account?
A: The amount placed on an inmates account is unlimited.

Q. Can I send books?
A: We only accept religious material at the jail; otherwise, the inmate must submit for approval the books (only paperback) and, if approved, must be direct shipped from the publisher via US Postal Service.

Q. Why was my letter rejected and mailed back home? (It had kisses or hearts stickers on it)?
A: Our mail policy does not allow graffiti or any sticking label other than a stamp on the envelope. Mail adorned with or containing these items can be returned to the sender.

Q. Can I send stamps and envelopes?
A: No, we do not accept these items, but you can deposit money into the inmate’s account so that the inmate can order these items from the commissary.

Q. What are visiting times and days for inmates?
A: Depends on the housing unit. Please see the Inmate Visiting page for further details.

Q. Why was I sent away from visiting due to inappropriate attire?
A: Our visiting policy has certain restrictions on proper attire. Please see the Inmate Visiting Rules page for further details.

Q. I Lost my ID, Can I still visit?
A: No, unless you have some form of valid identification such as a driver’s license or passport.

Q. I’m under 18 and my boyfriend is in custody, Can I visit?
A: If you are under 18, you may visit if the inmate is a parent or you have your parent or legal guardian with you at all times. No exceptions.

Q. Why can I not visit my family member with an expired ID, they’ve let me use it in the past?
A: Our requirements are that you use a Valid Identification Card.

Q. How many people can visit?
A: As many as you want, but they all share one (1) 30 minute time period.

Q. When can I come see an inmate for a pastoral visit?
A: Anytime during non-visiting hours. You must have a pastoral credential.

Q. Can I leave shoes?
A: No, we do not accept shoes for any inmates.

Q. Why can’t my (inmate) call me?
A: Inmates can use the Inmate Phone Services to make outside calls.

Q. Can I leave a message for an inmate?
A: No, we don’t take incoming phone calls.

Q. What do I bring to Jail?
A: Your ID, commitment paperwork and a list of medications needed.

Q. What’s your fax number?
A: It is not a publicly available number if not requested by an official agency.

Q. Can I leave glasses for an inmate?
A: Yes, they will be reviewed by the nursing staff, if accepted; they will be given to the inmate. No hard cases or soft cases with clips allowed.

Q. What is the number to put money on the phone?
A: 1-800-844-6591 (available 24/7)

Q. Do you have the phone number for Yuba County Jail?
A: 530-749-7740

Q. Do you have the phone number for Yuba City Police?
A: 530-822-4660